Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Creative heART Challenge: Day 17...

This  is my latest painting.  I'm not used to painting men, so this is a bit of a departure for me.  A few months ago, I had a dream that I opened a bar called, "The Wild Jackalope".  There was a man in the corner picking on a banjo and a woman singing sad songs.  A with a red beard lit the oils of an orange peel on fire to much amusement and delight.  I sat in the back, measuring herbs on an old-time scale, preparing herbal infusion in tall glass bottles.  I was too short to reach the top shelf.  A woman in white tights and a rainbow scarf danced by herself in slow circles.  The face of the figure in the painting is sort of the face of the man with the red beard, at least as best as I can remember.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  It'll also be one of the last big format painting for awhile.  If you want to check it out in the online store, CLICK HERE.



No comments: