Friday, June 19, 2015

Classes with Kieu: Day One...

We were so lucky to get Kieu Pham Gray to come out to Ligonier.  I've been wanting to take classes from her for a while, so I was really glad that everything worked out and we could make it happen!  This is also the first time that we've had a class in Main Exhibit's new Lower Level Art Center and it's great!  It's a beautiful building and there's a great courtyard filled with art.  There's a lot of room for possibilities and I'm looking forward to them!

In the first class, Kieu showed us how to solder and make this really cool Spiral Chain bracelet.  Here's my piece!  It's not perfect, but I think it turned out pretty nice.  (Of course, I had a good instructor... so that helped iron out any kinks... literally!)

For the longest time, I avoided silver soldering.  I didn't think I really needed it and came up with all kinds of ways to cowboy engineer how to get around it.  Now that I've done it and it's not so intimidating, so many possibilities have opened up!  

I'm really looking forward to her other classes this weekend.  CLICK HERE to see the class offerings.

If you're around, we have an event at Allegory Gallery that's free and open to the public!  Kieu will be signing copies of her new book, "Hot and Cold Jewelry Connections: How to Make Jewelry With and Without a Torch".  She will also have a trunk show going and offer a wide arrange of jewelry tools!  She's super knowledgable, so it's the perfect opportunity to stop by and learn something new!  Hope you'll join us!

No comments: