Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Little Adventures...

I got a message from a friend asking me about what adventures we had planned for our vacation.  While I had a few ideas, one of the things I looked forward to most was spending time with my niece and nephew.  After our trip to the Botanical Gardens, we picked Azalea up from school and went to the mall.  To action seekers, this might not seem very glamorous.  But it was nice to be able to ask her about her day and pick out a shirt and browse the bookstore and share a cupcake in the cafe.

Almost by magic, it seems like Azalea has transformed into a little person.  This is not to say that babies aren't little people, but now that she's older, it is more apparent that she is her own person with her own ideas and her own thoughts.  She is an individual.  I remember when she was just a bundle of sweet, milk-smelling smiles, balanced on my hip, covertly wiping her face on my shoulder.  I remember telling her stories of my youth.  Now she has her own stories.

While we might not be zip ling through the trees or exploring palatial estates, I cherish these little moments much more.  For they make up a much bigger adventure, traversing the passages of time.

No comments: