Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Game of Thrones Jewelry Challenge Reveal 4...

Okay, I promise this is the last of the pieces that I created for the Game of Thrones Jewelry Challenge that Heather Powers of HumbleBeads initiated.  (For now!)  I swear... I could just keep making things for years!


One of my favorite characters from Game of Thrones is Lady Olenna Tyrell.  She sort of reminds me of Sophia from the Golden Girls.  She has a sharp wit, very clever, and says what she wants.  She's the grandmother of Margaery Tyrell, who was married to Renly Baratheon.  After Renly was slain, she was later married off to King Joffrey Baratheon (for like five minutes).  

I loved their costumes on the show.  They've got a lovely pale blue, with touches of greenish gold and subdued browns.  The colors reminded me a lot of the colors of labradorite.

This is the bracelet that I made for Margaery.  I embellished a sterling silver chain with lots of wire-wrapped dangles strung up with different faceted shapes of labradorite.  The picture doesn't do the stones justice!  They come alive in sunshine.  As a closure, I used a lobster claw and an over-sized jump ring.  From the big jump ring, I hung a labradorite bezel pendant, an old sterling silver rose charm from my family at Green Girl Studios, and a fine pewter stag pendant also carved by my sister.  The rose is the heraldic symbol for House Tyrell and the stag is the symbol for House Baratheon.  I've had the Green Girl pieces in my collection for years and years!  I'm glad that I could dig them out for this bracelet!

I think the bracelet is delicate and musical and would appeal to the girlish femininity (that both Tyrell women wield as a weapon).  I'm really pleased with the way the bracelet developed.  Don't forget to see what the other participants made.  CLICK HERE to visit Heather's blog post with all the links.  

And don't forget... the new season of Game of Thrones starts this weekend!

No comments: