Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Start and Finish...

I started this scarf last year.  Life got hectic and I laid it down.  It rested in a plastic bag, waiting for me to finally pick it up again.  The cold temperatures prompted me to pick it back up and finish it.

Getting back into the rhythm of knitting was a little tricky and I had to look up how to perl again.  The finished piece is far from perfect!  I dropped a stitch, the tension varies from tight to very tight, and the scarf wants to roll up into a tube... but I still like it.  Even though it isn't perfect, I'm proud of it.  It's my first "real" wearable knitting project that I finished.

I have a feeling that it'll get a lot of wear this season.  The truly cold weather has just begun.  Plus, it's the Pantone Color of the Year and pretty much goes with everything that I own.  So, I'll wear it with pride, – a memento of learning something new.

1 comment:

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

Hi Andrew, Your scarf color is the Marsala tone from the 2015 Pantone Spring Color Report - it must have been in your creative mind last year! I am a terrible knitter but resumed some crochet last year and there is something very soothing about it. Looks like you will need your scarf in the week ahead. brrrr