Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Keeping Busy...

I was talking with someone recently and I mentioned how I craved some peace and quiet.  I related how much I wished that I had less work to do and had more free time.  They said, "You wouldn't know what to do with yourself!"  They're probably right.  I always have a project to keep me busy.  I freely admit that I'm a workaholic.

One of the projects that I've been keeping busy with is replenishing the porcelain pendants that I make.  While I like to keep my hands moving, I abhor production work and it can be several months before I get back into the rhythm of making these components.

In this latest batch, I've played around with color and used some glazes that have been dolefully waiting on my shelves.  I've passed them over quite a few times, but finally opened them up and tried them out!  I quite like this rusty, terra-cotta color!  I also am smitten with this dove gray color.  I didn't know if I would like them or not, but I'm quite pleased!

3 comments:

Ann said...

The grey is very nice. I also really like that apple green! But I am a sucker for greens. I got out of the habit of crafting while I was writing my thesis. I am trying to get back into it, very hard to find time now.

Unknown said...

These are beautiful. My favorite colors are the gray and apple green too! I also like some of the designs I haven't seen before like the flowers and the little (I think it is) raccoon!

Shai Williams said...

I really like those lilac ones also.