Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Desert Sands Mystery Component Reveal...

I've been meaning to post a picture of the Mystery Component for the Desert Sands Challenge for awhile now.  Today is the day!  I included in each kit a polymer clay pendant made by me.  When I sat down to make the pendants, I thought back to an image of a decorative Moroccan stained glass window.  Some of the panes were busted out and through the broken pieces and colorful shards, you could see slivers of desert.  I wanted to translate some of those forms into the Mystery Component.  I also wanted to capture the colors of the kit and used earthy tans and beiges, highlighted with antique gold.

Don't forget!  The reveal for the Star Frost Challenge is on Thursday!  I'm super excited to see what everyone makes!  Also, on Friday, the new kit will debut.  I think it's really cool and hope people will enjoy it!   The kits will go live at 7PM EST.  Keep your eyes posted here and on Facebook for the live links.

1 comment:

Jeanne @ Gems By Jeanne Marie said...

I really love the components in this kit!
And I'm so glad I have 2 1/2 weeks before the reveal. I promise to have something ready. :)