Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Busy, Busy...

My work bench has been a busy place lately!  I've been coming up with a lot of new ideas.  I can't share all of them, but I can share some of the things that I have been working on recently.

I knew it was a tad late to sculpt for this year's holiday season, but I made them anyway.  When we were kids, we'd put pillowcases on our heads and chase each other around pretending that we were Abominable Snowmen.  I decided to make a limited edition yeti ornament!

I only made one of these, but I created a Medusa ornament.  We grew up reading the Greek myths and loved (the original) Clash of the Titans movie.  I might make more around Halloween, but will probably re-sculpt it and add more snakes to the hair.

I wanted to make something special for the participants of the holiday destash event.  I asked them to pick, "Bird, bug, or beastie".  They chose, "bird".  So I made these cardinal ornaments.  I wish I could have made one for everyone in the group, but only made enough to slip into their packages.  I thought fondly of each of them while I mixed the resin, poured each one, and then painted them.  

1 comment:

Here Bead Dragons said...

The cardinals are very pretty. Perhaps you'll make some more, sometime.
~cryssT