Friday, September 05, 2014

The Whole Bead Show in New York City...


I'm super excited to be returning to New York City!  It'll be the first time that I've been back since we moved to Pennsylvania.  I'll be teaching at The Whole Bead Show at the Metropolitan Pavilion!  If you're in the area, I highly encourage you to come out for the show!  Not only will I be there, but so will a host of awesome vendors from across the country!  The show runs from Friday, October 17th to Sunday, October 19th.

I'll be teaching two classes while I'm there, and they should be a lot of fun!  CLICK HERE to see the full list of classes at the event.

The first class that I'll be teaching is called, "Making Faces".  Students will get a crash course in sculpting faces.  The polymer clay creations can be used as cabochons in bead embroidery, turned into pendants, or utilized in art doll projects.  Class will cover the basics of working with polymer clay, creating customized sculpting tools, and finishing options for the sculptures.

The class will be held on Friday, October 17th from 4PM to 6PM.

It's only $55 and covers materials as well as my teaching fee.


The second class that I'll be teaching is the "Mixed Media Mod Brooch".  This fast-paced class will cover several mixed media techniques like simple brooch fabrication, image transfer on polymer clay, and working with two-part epoxy clay.  Students will create customized tools and learn useful techniques that have endless possibilities and applications.  In the process, they'll create a fun pin-back brooch!

The class will be held on Saturday, October 18th from 10AM to 12:30PM.

This class is also $55 and covers materials, tool usage, and my teaching fee!

I wanted to keep the classes as affordable as possible to make them as accessible as I could.  (I'm even couch surfing to keep my expenses down to keep the class fees down.)  The classes are small with a maximum of 10 students in each class, so if you're interested, make sure to let me know ASAP!  You can call the shop 724-610-37770 or you can email me.  I'll be putting together invoices for interested students this upcoming week and will be taking sign-ups until the day of the classes (unless they fill up first).

Speaking of the Whole Bead Show, did you know that you can keep up with the vendors, classes, and events in their Facebook group?  CLICK HERE to check out their new Facebook page!  It's a great way to keep an eye on all the show goodness!

No comments: