Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 11...

"Share your love of beading and teach someone a new technique!"  That was the prompt for Day 11 of the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge.

When we opened the store, one of our cornerstone missions was to educate and promote creative exploration.  After two and a half years, each time I go in, I still hope to inspire others and share my passion for art, jewelry, and personal expression.  Thousands of people have stepped over our threshold and it is my continued hope that they leave feeling a little more empowered to create and a little more ready to make beauty and share it with the world.  I feel really honored to be able to do this.  It's more than just a business... it's a calling.

The prompt for Day 11 is my prompt for every day, 365.

Today, Alison and Laurel stopped in.  I showed them how to work with resin and Alison created a cool, bird-inspired piece.  I went over the basics of preparing images, mixing resin, removing bubbles, and creating the optimal conditions to allow the resin to set up.  It was a lot of fun and I was glad to share some of the tips and tricks I  have picked up over the years.

We still have over half a month left of National Craft Month!  There's lots of time to participate in the daily challenges.  CLICK HERE to see the assortment of prompts!

No comments: