Saturday, March 08, 2014

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 8...

Each day brings a new prompt with the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge!  This creative exercise is a celebration of National Craft Month!  For Day 8, we were encouraged to spread the love and create a special gift for a friend.

A friend of mine has a birthday coming up.  She's such an amazing and supportive person.  She has always been there for me and I thought that I would make something for her to celebrate her birthday and our friendship.  I decided to make a mixed-metals cuff.  I stamped a saying on to a piece of copper sheet metal with the Newsprint font Letter Stamps from ImpressArt.  The quote I stamped reads, "keep a poem in your heart".  I distressed the piece of metal with the ball peen end of the ImpressArt brass-head hammer, giving it a hammered texture.  I then punched holes with the Two-Hole Punch and used screw rivets to attach the copper word plate to the brass cuff blank.

This was a great prompt to honor a friendship.  There are plenty more prompts in the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge.  CLICK HERE for the entire calendar.  You can jump in at any time!

No comments: