Thursday, March 06, 2014

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 6...

Day 6 brought the challenge of becoming a "mixed media maven" and doing a design with resin.  I don't know about the "maven" part, but I definitely got my mixed media on and created this pendant.

The stamped brass bezel features an image of an eagle's head that has been covered in resin.  The image I choose was not of a bald eagle, but I was inspired to work with this majestic bird of prey by the new Pittsburgh nesting bald eagle webcam.  CLICK HERE to check it out.  The eggs are expected to hatch at the end of the month!

I strung the pendant from an adjustable leather necklace.  To make the necklace shorter, all you have to do is tug on the ends.  I incorporated some bumpy oxidized brass beads, Ethiopian brass beads, and a ceramic bead from Keith O'Connor in this design.  It's simple, but a unisex design that can stand alone or be layered with other pieces.

For the full calendar of challenges, CLICK HERE.  There are a lot of different opportunities to participate in this fun, creative exercise.  

No comments: