Monday, February 10, 2014

My Valentine...

Even though the window of opportunity to make Valentine's Day-themed sales is quickly coming to a close, I've been busy making heart pendants out of polymer clay.  I've been playing around with the different finishes.  I used a black clay for the base and added layers of color.  In addition to the alcohol inks, acrylic paints, and colored waxes, I also incorporated a pearlescent spray.    I love how the spray turns the hints of black that peek through (after I sanded the pieces down) into an almost a metallic gunmetal-color.  I think they turned out nice and would look great strung on a fat, gauzy ribbon.

3 comments:

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Absolutely beautiful, Andrew. I wish I could take a class with you.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these! ;)Will look to see if you have some in the shop...

Cyndi L said...

They're beautiful, both the colors and the patterns!