Thursday, October 03, 2013

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 3...

The prompt for Day 3 in the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge was to "mix it up and rock one of our seed bead mixes in a stunning jewelry piece!"  I opted for the Sunrise Round Japanese Seed Bead Mix.  I've been really inspired by the autumnal colors lately and I love the warmth of this mix.  It has pink tones blended in, which makes the name apt; it reminds me of some of amazing sunrises and sunsets we've been having!

One of my favorite techniques to showcase mixes is to create a simple even-count peyote stitch bracelet.  The nice thing about this design is that it's totally random and really spotlights the color combinations.  (Also, with size 8 seed beads, this bracelet works up relatively quickly!)

The challenge has just started and there's still plenty of time to play along.  I love how this challenge really stretches my creative muscles.  I highly encourage you to play along.  CLICK HERE for the entire calendar.

No comments: