Monday, June 17, 2013

Flash Fire Challenge: Georgia O'Keeffe...

When I was growing up in Florida, there weren't as many opportunities to see art.  (At least it seemed that way at the time.  Coming from a working class family, there wasn't exactly a rush to see the latest exhibit.)  One of the pieces that I did see at the local museum was by Georgia O'Keeffe and it was burnt in my subconscious.  I painted dozens of big flowers floating over imaginary horizons.  I wallpapered by grade school teacher's refrigerator with my imitations.  It wasn't until much later that I discovered that Georgia O'Keeffe painted more than just flowers... and it revolutionized how I viewed art.

For this week's prompt, I decided to pick one of her skull paintings.  To find out more about Georgia O'Keeffe's work,  CLICK HERE.  To find out more about this particular painting, CLICK HERE.

"From the Faraway, Nearby" by Georgia O'Keeffe, 1938, 36 X 40.125 inches.

If you're interested in participating, all you have to do is make something inspired by this painting.  You can create whatever you like.  Just leave a comment to this post with a link to your creation or you can email me a picture at: ardenttie@yahoo.com

You have until the next Flash Fire Challenge prompt goes up on Monday, June 24th to complete your piece.

No comments: