Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Prayers For Richie Fundraiser...

I am just now catching up on some of my favorite blogs.  While I was tuned out, I missed the launch of a fundraiser created by my friend and fellow artist, Kathy Van Kleeck.  Kathy is a beautiful and thoughtful spirit.  When I was diagnosed with cancer, she was one of the first people to step up to the plate to help raise monies to help with my medical bills.  I really can't voice just how appreciative I was for all the help and healing energies that were sent my way.  The support was a blessing!  I know from my personal experience with cancer and the current hospital culture that it is an EXPENSIVE ordeal.  It's not just the medical bills themselves (which are exorbitant), but the time away from being able to work adds up too!

Anyway, Kathy is helping again!  This time she is helping her nephew who underwent treatment for a cancerous brain tumor.  To reward donors in the fundraiser, she has developed medallions in both bronze and fine silver.  A minimum donation of $10 can score one in bronze and $25 can land a silver one!  While I don't know Richie personally, I was moved by his story and his positive outlook.  I strongly encourage you to consider giving to this very worthwhile charity.  For more information, CLICK HERE.  Even if you can't give at this time, think about spreading the word.  Maybe someone you know can help out and will love to add a piece by Kathy to their collection!

No comments: