Friday, March 01, 2013

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 1

March is the National Craft Month.  To celebrate, Fusion Beads has launched a fun, interactive way to participate in the month-long festivities.  They've assigned a new task for each day this month!  If you'd like your own calendar to keep track with, CLICK HERE.

The first challenge was to create a pair of earrings!  Earrings have been a hot topic on the blog recently!  I'm participating in an Earring Design Challenge with Nina Designs.  CLICK HERE to vote for my lovely earrings!  I'm way behind, so I would appreciate the support!

These earrings were made with movement in mind!  I incorporated African metal, chain, freshwater pearls, stick gold coral,, carnelian, Czech glass, and round Shibuichi earwires from Saki Silver.

I'm quite smitten with the way that these earrings turned out.  I think they've got a great, eclectic feel and provide a lot of luscious movement.

No comments: