Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Holiday Gift Exchange Part 1...

Happy New Year, everyone!  This is the first installment of the Holiday Gift Exchange that I hosted on my blog.  I also participated in a gift exchange facilitated by Lorelei Eurto and will post more about that after I finish up with this series of posts.

Firstly, I wanted to apologize for being tardy with my reciprocation.  A craftastic disaster right before going away has really put a monkey wrench in my plans.  But I hope that once they arrive, everyone will be pleasantly surprised with what I made.  Sorry again for the delay!

Without further ado, let me share my dragon's hoard:
The first gift comes courtesy of the very talented, Kathy Dorfer.  I met Kathy a few years ago in Tucson and we bonded over our mutual love of ravens.  She sent an amazing selection of edible goodies... toffee, chocolate, coffee, cookies, and stuffed dates.  She also sent a beautiful handmade journal.  Isn't she darling?
I met Ellen Lyn last year at ArtFest.  Once I heard her accent and saw her bright smile, I knew we'd hit it off!  This picture is only part of the generous gift Ellen sent.  She sent two tins stuffed with delicious caramels and fudge!  Wasn't that thoughtful of her?  The readers of my blog sure do know that I like to eat!
The last gift for today comes by way of the extremely talented, Diane Hawkey!  I've been in love with her jewelry components for years and have often incorporated them in some of my favorite designs.  I've also been an admirer of her sculptural work and am pleased to announce that she'll be showing at Allegory Gallery in April!  Anyway, Diane sent an amazing ceramic sculpture with live Hens-and-Chicks plants for hair!  Is it wonderful?  This will go so well with my succulent collection and I am just smitten with the sweet face.

Stay tuned for round two!

3 comments:

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...


~*Happy New Year, Andrew!*~
A very handsome and delicious selection of gifts!
The little figural pot with hens and chicks as hair IS wonderful! A nice reminder that spring is just months away.

I have, myself, been on the couch for 4 days straight... While it is cozy, it's not so much fun.

I hope you'll feel better soon.

CHEERS!
:)
Amber

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Andrew,
You got some wonderful goodies and not just the ones to eat. It is so nice when you get a gift from someone that really pays attention to the little things about you.
Happy New Year,
Therese

CraftyHope said...

You've really gotten some fun gifts but I'm absolutely SMITTEN with that succulent planter from Diane. Oh goodness, it's awesome. You lucky, lucky boy!