Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Stealth...

I walked through the woods with no mission in mind.  My camera was slung around my neck, but it was more out of habit than any real intention.  As I made my way around the property, lost in my thoughts, I suddenly looked up.  And there before me was a family of deer.  They looked at me blankly, just as startled to see me as I was to see them.  Seeing deer here is not unusual, but generally they're at a distance and not so close.  Their white tails are usually up, signaling danger and retreat.

I snapped my picture and went about my way.  They continued to eat.  When I looked back over my shoulder closer to the house, they had all but disappeared into the fall foliage.  They had melted into the scenery, moving stealthily.

I kind of feel like that now.

I'm quietly working in the background on many projects, both personal and professional.  Besides promoting a few events, I've kept a rather low profile.  It's that time of year.  I feel like I am gathering my forces... soaking in energy... and preparing myself for things to come.  There's something primal in this... tied with the cycles of nature.

I can't really say yet what things are in the works, but I'm sure that I'll share them in short order as soon as I get the word.  Some of the things are big... others are small, but just as important and perhaps even more significant.

No comments: