Monday, January 30, 2012

Reader's Challenge REVEAL....

This marks the reveal of the November/December/January Reader's Challenge.  I left my piece back in Pennsylvania and didn't get a chance to take a picture of it before we left.  But I am happy to present the work of the other artists who participated in this challenge!

The kit had enameled pieces by Barbara Lewis, ceramic pieces from Diane Hawkey, glass beads from RareEarth, and a mix of Czech glass, chain, Swarovski crystals, and lots of seed beads.  The color was "jonquil".  It's traditionally a "spring" color, but while I was walking through the woods in late autumn, I found a leaf that was yellow, tinged with green.  Everything else was brown and gray, but this leaf, left in the middle of the path, was a vibrant burst of color.

And here's what they made:


Below are pieces by Alice Bavaud.  She's out of Europe and created a few pieces that are really fun!  I love the textures and the way that she used the bright yellows.







5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for hosting these challenges ANdrew! I am sad I will miss out on the last one - but so glad I was able to take part in so many of the others! YOu have pushed me and inspired me creatively. THANK YOU!

Kim said...

Thanks Andrew for hosting the challenge. I enjoyed working with the beads. And nice job to Alice, she did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Great pieces!
Thanks for hosting Andrew:
I've so enjoyed your challenges (this one was my favorite!) I hope you have more- as you are so good at them, time intensive though they may be...
;)

bwheather said...

Cool and good on you, Alice. I was so busy and also a bit slack, I didn't get around to letting Andrew know I was still trying to get my piece complete. I've posted the so far unfinished piece to my blog if anyone would care to go take a look. Thanks. Here's my blog: http://asibeadit.blogspot.com/ ;-)

Therese's Treasures said...

Alice, I love what you did with Andrew's kit both pieces are beautiful.
Andrew, Thank you for hosting this challenge I enjoyed working with the kit you sent.
Therese