Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekly Word: Passion...

This is the inaugural post of the Weekly Word!

One of the exercises that I had the students of our Capturing the Moment workshop do was to write down a word on a piece of paper. The word was supposed to be something that they wanted to achieve during the workshop or be something that they wanted to be open themselves up to. Once they thought on this and wrote the word down, I threw a curve ball. Their word was handed to another participant. The new owner would attempt to illustrate this word and embody the meaning of it in a photograph that they took during the day. It provided a prompt and was a nice way to open up to something unexpected.

The exercise was so popular, that many of the participants asked if we could have a word a week. I agreed and said that I would send a word a week for at least one year. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to share this exercise with others and decided to post the Weekly Word here on the blog. Each Monday, I'll post a new word.

This week's word is "passion". Create a piece of jewelry, a work of art, or take a picture that, in your opinion, best captures the meaning of the word. Think about the word and its different interpretations and how it makes you feel. Translate it into whatever medium you'd like and then post about it on your blog. Once you've uploaded your blog post, copy and paste the URL into a new comment on this post. Be sure to check out what others are making, inspired by the weekly word. Don't delay; you have a week until the new word is posted.

6 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Such a great idea, Andrew. I will see if I can fit this into my weekly routine!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration. Enjoy the day!
Erin

Lisa Yearwood said...

Hi Andrew, Passion is what propels us to create....passion and desire are two of my favorite words...if you can create with passion people will desire it....lisa from barbados

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

Andrew - you are forever inspiring us to grow…

Here is a link to my blog post for "passion":
http://marshanealstudio.blogspot.com/2011/02/passion-andrews-word-of-week.html

Andrew Thornton said...

Here's what I made in response to PASSION:

http://andrew-thornton.blogspot.com/2011/02/passion.html

meryl said...

Andrew, thanks for the opportunity to continue our saga from the workshop. You've invited me to investigate passion, and this post is pretty edgy (for me). Thanks for the motivation! http://herdinthestacks.wordpress.com/

AJ said...

I blogged about my passion for dance! http://erthefae.blogspot.com/2011/02/word-of-week-passion.html