Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Narrative Collage Necklace Workshop...

Signups for, "Narrative Collage Necklace Workshop" are now open! I'll be teaching in Pittsburgh at the Crystal Bead Bazaar the week before Christmas. So why not treat yourself to a little gift or take the workshop and make something special for someone special in your life.

Here is the information:

Sunday, December 19th, 12:00 - 5:00
$75 plus materials

In this all day workshop, students will explore the medium of collage and create a piece of narrative art jewelry that captures and presents their work. This class will be broken down into two sections. The first will focus on creating collages, working with paint, adhesives, and archival practices to preserve their artwork. During this time, over half a dozen different collage techniques will be covered. The second portion will concentrate on taking the collages from the first half and creating a unique artist's book pendant with mica. A short period of time at the end will be allotted for each student to embellish their necklaces to showcase their focal or create additional collage components from the remaining mica from their class kit.

Students will receive a take-home booklet featuring the techniques explored during class.

Skill Level: All
Materials: Basic materials for pendant included; a material list for additional materials included at sign-up
Instructor: Andrew Thornton

CLICK HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page to sign up!

9 comments:

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Oh how I wish I lived closer so I could indulge in your class!

I've been pondering as to how I can display all my pieces of your collages that I now own. Any thoughts? I think I have at least 6or 8 pieces. Maybe some sort or shadow box...

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Cristi!

If a venue (within the US) can get 8 to 10 sign-ups, I will definitely be more than happy to come into town. I really love meeting folks and hopefully sharing something that they will take with them for the rest of their lives.

And enjoy the little artist trading cards. I've stopped making those for the Shop. I loved giving little gifts of my artwork with each order, but I need to start focusing on my bigger projects that have been sitting in the wings, waiting patiently for me.

SueBeads said...

Woo Hoo! Just signed up for it!

Andrew Thornton said...

Woo Hoo indeed! I can't wait! I hope you like the workshop. It'll be a lot of fun!

Alice said...

Sounds like a wonderful workshop! Wish I could be there.

SummersStudio said...

Looks good and if I were in the area I'd definitely be there. Love the images in the necklace.

KeRobinson said...

Oh WOW! That piece looks really interesting!

Anonymous said...

This is GOR-GEOUS!
8-10 sign ups? Really?! cool. When you next come to a show Nor Cal show- then I'll lobby you (& others) hard for a workshop from you. I vote for Oakland/East Bay!

Andrew Thornton said...

I'd happily come out your way to teach! The last time I did the BABE show, there was a group that wanted me to come out and do a trunk show at one of the local stores. The owner's name was Gretchen. I don't really do trunk shows anymore, but would gladly come out to teach or do a guided workshop.