Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New Anne Choi Beads...

Anne Choi just debuted four new designs! Whenever I get a notification newsletter, I race over to see what she's been working on. I adore her work and am always curious to read what has inspired the latest designs. You too can sign up for her mailing list by CLICKING HERE.


Two of the four sterling silver beads have elephants on them. An elephant with an upturned trunk is a symbol of luck and good fortune. Her bead with the lucky elephant has three holes, making it an ideal focal element. Elephants are also known for their memory and intelligence. The other elephant bead was inspired by this and has an E. M. Forster quote that reads, "Unless we remember, we cannot understand."

The other two new designs feature quotes. One of my first Anne Choi beads was a quote bead. I've carried that bead around for years; sometimes loose and sometimes strung up. It has become a talisman. Her latest quote beads feature words by Jonathan Swift and George Eliot. The Swift quote reads, "Everyones desires to live long, but no one would be old." And the Eliot bead says, "Necessity does the work of courage."

2 comments:

Cynthia Thornton said...

I think Greg would like these! And me, of course.

Courtney Breul said...

I love her work. So wonderful.