Friday, July 23, 2010

Ken Elwell Show...

ken elwellI had the pleasure of meeting Ken Elwell in the Denver International Airport on my way home from a show. We are both artists and passed the time before my flight departed talking about our favorite artists and which museums I should check out on my next visit. When I got home, I was greeted by a link to his work. His artwork trembles with an eager enthusiasm and radiates lively energy. Bold colors flare against a web of movement. The hard lines of graffiti-like sigils tumble across canvases and spear their way through serrated fields of color and swashes of liquid arabesques. Each brushstroke, splatter and spill betrays the hand behind it, the motions and the gestures that build the architecture of expression.


If you're lucky enough to be in the Denver area, August 14th, please stop by the opening of Ken's latest efforts at The Bad Kittie Salon. The reception starts at 7PM. Mark your calendars and make your way there for a truly, visually exciting time!

1 comment:

Pretty Things said...

I love it. This is the sort of art that my son (age 7) actually likes the most, and we've been to all the art museums at the Smithsonian and around that area -- the Hirschorn Museum is his favorite.