Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Brief Reprieve...

I looked at a calendar and I realized that I've been absent from my home for almost a month now. It doesn't feel like it. Time just got swallowed up one day. Tucson seems like a dream now, distant and removed.

I took a day for myself with my family. It was a big deal for me, since I don't generally like to "leave the island" once I'm settled in. The cold weather prevents me from doing a lot. The idea of leaving the house when there's ice and snow on the ground is preposterous. Still, we ventured forth. One of our destinations was The French Broad Chocolate Lounge. This did much to balm my soul. Sipping liquid truffles and nibbling on chocolate was a nice distraction. Afterwards we went to the Moose Cafe and gorged ourselves on good Southern cooking until we felt sick. Leaving the house was a vacation from my thoughts.

1 comment:

Laura Flavin said...

I love the French Broad....oh how I long for a sipping chocolate raspberry truffle! And a few special truffles on the side, Thai...or Indian flavor?? can't remember the names.
Ps....I am from Florida as well. Check out the photos I posted today, maybe they will warm you up.
~Laura