Thursday, January 14, 2010

Champagne Waves Necklace...

Here's my latest necklace. I've titled it, "Champagne Waves". I was deeply inspired by the Champagne colored dichroic glass and the shibuichi Forever Beautiful Mermaid coin from my family at Green Girl Studios.

I wanted to capture the warmth of color, but retain a light effervescent feeling. I've done this by using a Swarovsky crystal and crystallized pearls from Fusion Beads, chain from Ornamentea, pearls from Talisman Associates, a toggle from my family, a glittering and beautiful dichroic glass bead, and a shibuichi link from Saki Silver.

Above are a couple different images of the piece. I think it's whimsical and fun, but still is pretty elegant and sophisticated.

6 comments:

Kelly Russell said...

Nice looking necklace....and don't you just love Basha beads?? yum! hope you are doing well, love, kelly

Michelle said...

What a lovely necklace...its so airy and spring-like...and we could use a bit of spring in Wisconsin!
Bead Happy!
Michelle

Jeannie said...

No spring here. Ice, Snow and Windy-COLD.
I spy the Basha Bead. I noticed it first. Beautifully done as always.

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Simple beauty! That's my definition of your designs, Andrew. They always leave me wanting to see more of them. This one is so pretty!

I just bought my first Basha bead from your shop. Can't wait to see it in person. I'm sure I'll get hooked on them and want more soon.

Andrew Thornton said...

It was nice to sit down and make this piece and distract myself from all the junk happening recently. I'm just exhausted by it all. I am glad that I can create something, come here and post it, and be able to connect with others. That is a blessing.

So... thank you!

Lorelei Eurto said...

Hi Andrew!
This piece screams Andrew Thornton. I love that you can put together lovely creations with any kind of jewelry component, and it still has your style written all over it. Sometimes people have a hard time creating pieces that are completely their own and completely unique to their style. I think you've mastered it. Thanks for being such a great inspiration to us all!