Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Dreaded Task...

These seemingly innocent boxes have been sitting in my studio for awhile now. (They are only half of the boxes I have to go through. The rest are stacked up in the other corner.) In them are mountains of beads, vintage jewelry, art supplies, and random oddities that need sorting, shifting, and distributing. Some of it I'll keep. Some of it I'll give away... and some of it I think I'll sell off in the tradition of the "yard sale" I had back in December.

4 comments:

kate mckinnon said...

Oh, it feels so fantastic to lighten my load on this Earth. I can't even BELIEVE all of the beautiful things I've been hoarding.

Man!

I'm just barely getting down to the wood of my workbench; I haven't even cracked the lids on my two HUGE plastic bins full of beads and findings, or the cabinets holding my seed beads, thread, rolls of extra SoftFlex, and tools.

It's WONDERFUL!!!!

Thanks for the mentions of the sale on your blog, Andrew, I've had several interesting people come over from your site and find treasure.

Andrew Thornton said...

I know what you mean. I thought that I had lightened my load significantly with my last yard sale, but there's still so much.... so much.

I could use a good purging and cleansing right about now. And the idea that I'll reduce some of the yoke of my debt at the same time makes it all the sweeter. Kind of like I'm lightening the load in more than one way.

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

I missed your last yard sale, Andrew, so I for one am definitely hoping you'll do it again! It's so much fun waiting to see what Kate will post next!

kvk said...

Ooooo - this gives me the willies.

Been there so many times. My solution to hoarding - we tend to move every 3 or 4 years - big ones cross country and back. Friends and family hate it. Not the easiest way to break the habit, but very effective.

Good luck!