Monday, August 24, 2009

BeadFest Recap...

It was a great weekend and I'm really happy that I could make my way out to Philadelphia for the show. I had a lot of fun seeing all of our customers, fellow vendors, all of the wonderful goodies that the other vendors made, and the Interweave staff.

It was delightful to see Susan Lenart Kazmer. Many of her students stopped by the booth with their projects they worked on in class and they were awesome! (I saw an especially great ring that was set with a giant chunk of pyrite.) Susan has a great online store and a cool design team blog with lots of interesting projects, product uses, and creative content?

Lisa Kan was also at the show. She refused to let me take a picture of her, but said that I could take as many pictures of her work as I wanted. So, above is a picture of her new Botanical series. I love the vibrant colors and delicate petals!

It was my pleasure as always to see the LillyPilly crew. I love them and their pieces. I have so many of their laser-engraved shells, vegetable ivory, and wooden components!

Another really great surprise was seeing Cathy Collison of Glass Garden Beads. I love her bottle cap beads and all of the Foundry objects she has.

Seeing Gail Crosman Moore was also a great treat! I love her embellished felt, borosilicate glass, and her beautiful new metal clay pieces. OH! I also really dig her selection of vintage sequins. They're GREAT!

I missed the Ghostcow show out in Prescott, but I was lucky enough to see Bronwen in Philadelphia and her booth-mate, Maureen of Pumpkin Hill Beads. I really like Bronwen's new beads made from bottles. Both Bronwen and Maureen make some really awesome lampwork beads.

The weekend was full of surprises! Lorelei Eurto and Kelly of Kelly's Beads dropped by! It was so good to see Lorelei in person after corresponding for so many months. We've been blogging buddies for such a long time! It was also really great to meet Kelly, who is another blogging buddy. She was so thoughtful and brought a bowlful of Mississippi Mud Pie all the way from Atlanta! Such Southern hospitality!

What makes the bead shows special for me is the community that surrounds the craft. I love the people and what they bring to their artistry. I'll share the treasures that I picked up tomorrow.

7 comments:

SummersStudio said...

What a treat to get a recap of your bead fest weekend. Looking forward to seeing your treasures.

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

It's nice to see the face behind some of the wonderful beads out there. Looks like the weekend was loads of fun. Can't wait to see your goodies tomorrow!

Lorelei Eurto said...

I can't wait to see what you ended up buying while at the show.
How on earth did I miss the Lisa Kan booth!??!?!
damn!

Diana said...

Hi Andrew!

I havent forgotten about our bird bead duel. I already started working on mine and it will be done by saturday. Thanks for getting me beading again!

Diana

Unknown said...

I had a fantastic time getting to meet you and hang out in your booth! Thank you again for all the wonderful beads. I hope you have fun using my lampwork beads!

Zoya Gutina said...

I'm glad you had fun! :)

TesoriTrovati said...

How cool is all of that? I love meeting new people and especially putting a name with a face. I think that bead shows like this are the best and a great way to kick start your creativity. Looking forward to seeing your goodies! Enjoy the day! Erin