Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Standing Still...

We got back last night from Atlanta and I sort of feel a little lost. It feels like I've left parts of myself behind and they are on the slow track to catching back up with the rest of me. I would blame it on jet-lag, but Atlanta is only a short four hour drive away from Asheville. Maybe it's that I miss my friends from Atlanta like Anne Choi? Maybe all the work that still needs be done is a little too daunting to face head-on? Maybe I just need to drink more coffee?

In any event, I've been trying to get back into the routine to get things done. Earlier tonight we had our friends, J-Me and her husband, Rob, over for dinner. They are both members of a local band called, Silver Hand. Their sound reminds me a lot of early PJ Harvey.
As an appetizer, I made crostinis covered with a thick slathering of brown sugar cream cheese, stewed apricots, and thinly sliced fresh apricots.

J-Me brought over the tasty salad (and an AMAZING chipotle condiment) and Greg grilled steaks and made a scalloped potato in heavy cream dish with Cynthia.

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Welcome back Andrew! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. But sometimes after being gone that long it is hard to remember what you should be doing let alone do it!
As Wally from Dilbert fame says, "Sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." So I think more coffee might help!
Your cooking is always marvelous. I wish I did more of that. You understand the meaning of hospitality. You would be a great friend to have. Thanks for the inspiration!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Erin!

I did have a good time. I know what you mean about not knowing where to pick up and start. Sometimes the mountain seems too daunting to climb. Other days the hike is an easy one.

I am definitely going to brew up another pot of coffee! It is calling to me.

One day we'll have a feast. Just think of what you'd like to have for dinner.