Thursday, July 16, 2009

Small Steps...

The past few days have been a flurry of activity. So many deadlines... So many things that must get done... So many new things full of terror and excitement... (Half of the things I've done I can't even talk about for fear of being contractually penalized.)

In any event, things have gotten done. (On a side note, I think I'm getting the hang of driving. It's all the pesky things like signaling that are hanging me up right now.) Still there is more yet to be done, but I feel content about the progress made. Small steps. Small steps. Small steps. The good thing is that I didn't have to sacrifice too much family time. We still had dinner together every night and watched two episodes of Heroes: Season One (our latest addiction).

Tomorrow we head off to Atlanta. That has been a carrot at the end of the stick. We'll get to see our good friends Anne Choi and Lynn and perhaps sneak in a trip to the movies to catch the latest Harry Potter movie. It's not all fun and games though, we'll also be set up at the American Gem Expo. The show is Saturday and Sunday at the Mansour Center in Marietta, GA. It runs from 10AM to 5PM both days. (In truth, bead shows are a lot of fun. You get to meet so many new people and talk about beads all day!) If you're in the Atlanta area, you should definitely drop by. We'd love to see you. Don't forget to wear your jewelry with Green Girl Studios components. You get a free bead for representing! Also bring the projects you're working on. I'd love to talk shop with you and see what you're making. That's one of my favorite things. So please drop by and don't forget to say, "Hello!"

No comments: