Friday, November 07, 2008

Ornamental...

"A New Day," taken by Nina Bagley.


While scrolling through the mountains of blogs that I try to take in on a regular basis, I came across a striking picture from a blog called, Ornamental. Firstly, I was taken by the vivid color. Then I realized that this person was a hop, skip, and a jump away in North Carolina. The blog is owned and run by an artist named Nina Bagley. CLICK HERE to see that particular post.

My sister, Cynthia, has been speaking her praise for years now. Every time I wire-wrap something, she ominously says, "I wish you wire-wrapped like Nina!" I do wish at times that I did indeed wire-wrapped like the very talented Nina Bagley. The fancy wraps she does are organic, flowing, and seem to melt around the objects she's embellishing.

I've never met her, but I am a fan of her work and insights. Make sure to check out her blog by CLICKING HERE. Go there and take a look at her found art assemblages, jewelry, and poignant writing. Also swing by her Etsy shop; it is full of goodies! CLICK HERE to go to it.

No comments: