Thursday, September 04, 2008

Mermaid Doll for Anne Choi...


One of my projects while in Asheville was to create a little present for our friend, Anne Choi. I knew that she was a doll collector, so I decided to make my first doll! I think it runs in the family to make mermaid dolls. Cynthia and Sheila have both made several. The doll is constructed out of polymer clay and is painted with acrylics. I wanted the doll to have a lot of movement. The hips swivel and the arms jiggle. I did a short movie clip of the doll in action. I'm quite pleased with it considering that it's my first!

2 comments:

Gaea said...

She is wonderful!

Andrew Thornton said...

Thanks! She was a challenge to make, but I'm pleased with her. I'm happy that she's going to go to a good home. She will have lots of doll friends!