Saturday, August 16, 2008

Working Hard...

Vacation time is fast approaching and I'm very excited.  For one, I'll be seeing my family and taking in much needed time off from my day job.  The mountains have a magical rejuvenating quality.  I can't wait to relax a little and make some stuff.  Secondly, the wonderful opportunity of going to the Bead Fest: Philadelphia has come up and I'll get to see a good many of my bead show buddies that I only see once or twice a year.  

With my departure imminent, there is much work that needs to be done.  I told myself that I'd have the apartment all sorted out and unpacked before I left.  This daunting task is making a great deal of headway, but I am uncertain of whether or not I'll be able to finish or not before I leave.  I had at least wanted to get the studio finished.  It's close, though.
  
Even though I've been pressed for time, I've managed to squeeze in a little cooking.  To the left is one of my experimental dishes: Garlic chicken and green bell peppers with a pickled onion and tomato salad over coconut rice.  It was very Asian in inspiration.

Here's another picture of one of my made up recipes of white fish that was stewed with onions and tomatoes.  It was salty and spicy, so I made up a batch of coconut rice to help counterbalance the savory with a touch of sweetness.  

Well, it's time to get back to work, I've still yet got a lot of deadlines to meet before I go.  I'll start posting pictures of the studio and my bathroom and all the household projects I've been working on as soon as everything is finally finished up.

2 comments:

jeweledrabbit said...

Both of those dishes look really good.

Andrew Thornton said...

Thank you! I really believe in finding creativity in every aspect of one's life. Sometimes I find it on the easel... sometimes on the necklace board... and other times in the kitchen. Learning to live a creative life is really what I'm looking to do.