Monday, April 21, 2008

To the Moon and Back...


Japan's lunar spacecraft, Kaguya (or the Westernized Selene), has just finished sending back high definition maps of the surface of the moon. The maps are compiled of over six million 3D data points collected from a laser altimeter. Meanwhile... I've been taking pictures of the ceilings of subway stations. I love the textures and how much it reminds me of the moon. I should be worried that I'm breathing in lead paint or that I'll get a piece in my eye, but instead I'm enjoying the view of a thing in slow decay.

2 comments:

Sunrise TheSea said...

Only a true artist would have such a gift that seeing an old decrepit piece of material reminds him of beauty in any way... kudos for that glorious eye of yours!!

Andrew Thornton said...

Thanks for your kind words, Alba!

Do you know what school you'll be teaching at? Email me privately, and I'll see if I know anyone who's looking for a renter. Maybe you can take over the lease on my apartment?