Monday, December 10, 2007

Touch...

I'm pretty darned worn out. No way around it really. Luckily inspiration is fuel for me. I was moved to dig through some old stacks of resources dealing with the microscopic. I used to do a lot of painting where the primary figures were based loosely off of cellular structures and microscopic organisms. In any event, I'm working on pitching a show for a project space that deals with the sensation of touch. At the onset, I wanted to do something that dealt with the clichés of the sense of feeling. Though upon further thought, I think I might want to incorporate some of these ideas dealing with communicability into the work as well. Perhaps try to draw a parellel with the stigma of not touching Art in galleries and museums and the fear of disease and not handling the sick or dead. Might be interesting...

3 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

interesting. I am thinking about what you are thinking--they have been writing a lot lately as well about hypersensitivity and chldren with autism. of course here we ALL wear our clothes with the labels inside out, and as little clothing as possible! I hate labels!!!

I saw those microscope things on kates journal as well. really amazing.

Fellah said...

Bonjour,
Je trouve votre art trés intéressant et votre sensibilité est trés touchante....je reviendrai voir votre blog...mes amitiés yamina de France...minafe06@yahoo.fr

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Yamina,

Thanks so much for your kind words! It is so very rare that I get to read any French nowadays, so it was a nice surprise.

Merci beaucoup!