Friday, October 26, 2007

Huckleberry Bar...

I forced Cat to wander around in circles in the dark with me last night. I didn't mean to, but every cool place I wanted to take her was either closed or abandoned. But we stumbled across something lovely.

We saw this really posh bar on Grand Street called the Huckleberry Bar. I had never seen it before and didn't know what to expect. It looked super fancy. After a drink at the Bushwick Country Club, we decided to investigate.

Imagine for a minute the nightlife of East Williamsburg and Bushwick. You'll have to try and envision ripped out car seats as the seating of choice and various assemblages made from finds from the curb. Don't get me wrong, it's got it charm, but definitely Huckleberry Bar is polished spoon.

We drank a drink called Emma Frost, which is actually after a comic book character. And also we had a pear tart, banana bread with a peppercorn carmel sauce, and some brasaola. It was a lovely experience. We chatted with one the owners named Stephanie who also makes jewelry. CLICK HERE to see her work. CLICK HERE to see Huckleberry Bar's MySpace page.

No comments: