Sunday, September 16, 2007

Botanical Gardens...

Today we went to the botanical gardens. It was so nice to walk around in nature for awhile. The day was absolutely perfect. The sun was out, the humidity was low, and it was crisp out. We had fun stretching our legs and exploring the paths, identifying plants, and scouring the paths and creek-beds for treasure. Here are a couple of pictures from the day:


Above: A mystery plant at the entrance of the botanical gardens. It was very tall! Taller than Cynthia, almost as tall as me.




Above Left: One of the creeks that run through the botanical garden. Above Right: Azalea running along one of the many bridges.


Above: Greg looking at something under a magnifying glass, Azalea cooling her feet in the creek, and Cynthia with her sketchbook.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

On the bank it looks a bit like Scotland. Andrew I recvd Cynthias necklace and its lovely! Im so so happy to have it... something special from her. I put a note on her blogger a comment for her that I recvd it too. Hows yalls weather? Its finally cooling a wee bit here but not cool cool yet. Cant wait for the COLD!

Anonymous said...

Guys -

It was so weird to get home & read one of my favorite blogs and find several entries about oneself!!!! I wish I had the words for the feeling that swept over me.

We are home safe but busy and tired - I need to get your email...

Cheers,
George

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Janet! I'm so happy to see that you enjoyed your necklace. I helped pick out the prize. We're going to do another drawing and maybe a competition soon!

Cynthia was so pleased that you liked the necklace. Congratulations.

The weather here is getting cooler, which is nice. Though it never truly gets really cold here. Even when it sometimes snows, it never really sticks. It's approaching fireplace season, even if it's just for effect and we got something to enjoy it.

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey "George",

You said, "Just call me George." And I did as I was asked. Ha ha ha! Azalea was talking about how she missed you earlier today. She said, "Lynn's nice."

I didn't mention how after you all left, we were all very sad. We really enjoyed having you all over and only wish that it could have lasted longer. Now we are eager to come down, though it probably won't be for a long while since we've got lots of work to do and not much time. Cynthia and Greg are leaving for Hawaii tomorrow.

My email address is:
ardenttie@yahoo.com