Monday, August 13, 2007

Stardust...

Adapted from Neil Gaiman's novel, the movie Stardust has recently hit theaters. CLICK HERE for the trailer. Jenny and I went after work. First and foremost, let me express my great happiness in not being disappointed. I am always leery of books translated onto the screen. In most cases, there's a sense of loss. Almost as if the essence of what made the book powerful was somehow stripped away. However, Stardust was done very well and retrains much of what makes the book magical. I enjoyed it quite a bit and recommend it. GO SEE IT!

(Alas, I missed the Perseids meteor shower. New York City has man advantages, but the only shooting star I've seen was during the Black Out a few years back. And in all places, Time Square. Who will ever be able to say the same, while our electric neon circus remains?)

No comments: