Saturday, August 04, 2007

Lazy Day...

I know that I have lots of work to do, but alas, I'm taking a lazy day today.

I had plans to wake up at 5 A.M. to take a train out to Coney Island and walk along the beach at low-tide. Alas, I did not get in until just before 5 A.M., so in the interests of not exhausting myself, I went to sleep instead. I braved the thunderstorms and visited my friend Brian Mills and Acid Betty at their new party, Acid Disko. Let's just say that I'm getting too old for this. At one point I would have had a blast, dressing up and being a club kid again, but those moons have since risen and long since set. I used to be a go-go dancer and a fierce "style-consultant" back in the day. Perhaps, one day I'll dig up some old photos and old magazine articles and post them.

On the way home, I picked up some strawberries. I was going to take a picture of them, but ate them too quickly. I am hooked on balsamic vinegar and strawberries. It's a wonderful combination. It gives the strawberries a real ZING!

I also had plans to go to Central Park and to swing by the Museum of Natural History for their new exhibit on Mythic Creatures, but it'll just have to wait. Today is a lazy day.

I don't really feel like going out tonight, but my friend and fellow artist, Riva Arnold, is having her birthday party and going away party. It'll probably be the last time I see her in a long time as she's going to London. I made her a simple and delicate necklace of chain, moonstones, a garnet, and a sterling silver heart from Candice Wakumoto. I'll post pictures of it later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew,

My mother, best friend, and myself are all planning a weekend trip to new york to see this exhibit sometime in september or october... you should come with us! the more the merrier! especially when it comes to mermaids and unicorns!

Natale

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Natale!

I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to see you while you were in New York! I almost thought you'd get sick of me with how much we'd see each other. Alas. The best-laid plans are usually the first to crumble.

I'm glad to hear that you had a good time. When will you be moving to New York? Is your trip in September partly to settle you in back in New York? ;-)

I think that I'm going to go this Thursday if all goes well. But I would love to go with you all as well. Maybe they'll add new stuff later. Sometimes they do that to keep people coming back.