Wednesday, August 22, 2007

For Adrian...

One of my very favorite customers got promoted at work and is being transferred to a different location. This means I won't get to see her anymore! Adrian is often times the little bit of sunshine that helps me get through the day. So, I made her a quick little necklace (to say farewell and reminder of our friendship), not too dissimilar to the one I made Riva for her going away present. This one is slightly longer with faceted moonstones and a different sterling heart also by Candice Wakumoto. I love Candice's work. She'll be coming to New York from Hawii in October for The Whole Bead Show.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could get my hands on some frosted sea glass! Thats great you can get it all the time where you live. Is that Medussa I see on the bottom? Thats a nice casual peice Andrew!

Andrew Thornton said...

You can pick it up on Ebay and if you google it, I'm sure you'll find it in abundance. I'm looking forward to my trip down in Asheville, because they have a great little river in the botanical garden that is full of "river glass". You can also make some with a tumbler.

It's actually a little heart with bumps along the side. It has Candice's signature wavy pattern on it.

Andrew Thornton said...

Thanks. It's super simple, but I think elegant.