Friday, May 25, 2007

Update...

I haven't posted very much lately. And here's why:
  • Rooftop picnics at sunset.
  • LOTS of day-job work (we're training a bunch of 'Wich-lets and one of the managers is out of town)
  • Sitting in the park and reading
  • Running into former professors
  • Running into former regulars (from when I worked in a different coffee shop)
  • Setting up the studio
  • Planning the new phase of my work
  • Having a baby puke on me during rush hour on the train
  • Sculpting little bits and pieces to be sold at Bead & Button
  • Making samples for the table at Bead & Button
  • Finding someone's jewelry portfolio (full of lots of pictures of their work)
  • Planning out a special surprise
  • Trying to set up the kiln (I needed cinder blocks and I found them on the curb a block over; I didn't even have to take them from a construction site like I thought I would.)
  • Feeling very impractical feelings
  • Planning out potential little field trips
Normally I would document everything that has been going on, but lately I've wanted to keep a low-profile and really just have a couple of quiet days to myself. I will be back to my blogging self shortly.

12 comments:

Cindy said...

It all sounds like there's lots of serendipity happening...good stuff. Not sure about the baby puking part...a blessing of some sort? ;-), and aren't feelings always just so impractical?! but what would we do without them.

Cindy said...

p.s. can't wait to see the new Stringing magazine!!

Anonymous said...

hi andrew...just talked with anne choi and she said hello...sounds as if you are busy...can't wait to see what you are doing for B&B...less than 2 weeks and we will see you there...

Andrew Thornton said...

Yes, the new Stringing issue should be due out soon. I think I'll be in Milwaukee when it actually hits the stands. So it'll be cool to see the people who make the magazine when it comes out.

Andrew Thornton said...

I think most feelings are impractical, but these are especially impractical. I literally have to mentally tie myself down. Otherwise it's off in fantasy land for me.

Andrew Thornton said...

I love me some Anne Choi. She's one of my all-time favorites! Hands down!

Cindy said...

Sometimes Mercury plays around with Venus and Neptune in people's charts...not that that would be yours, but if it was, it would pass soon...sounds like fun, though :-).

And, my bead lady Erica says that she has the mag in stock now, so I'm going to try to track it down tomorrow. It won't be the same as being in Milwaukee but it'll have to do.

Andrew Thornton said...

It's really weird how the magazine gets distributed way in advance of its actual release date. I think it was supposed to be June 9th. That's what the website said earlier. But who knows.

Cindy said...

I can't find it in the bookstores, but Erica sent out a notice of a sale and said that she has them in stock. The website says June 5th for the 'newstands'. I could mail you one if you want me to...provided she has them, though she was pretty clear that she does.

Andrew Thornton said...

Thank you for the offer, however, I get a bunch for being a contributor.

Cindy said...

Got it! Erica checked your blog while I was in the store, so I knew not to get you one. The magazine is great..new layout, great designs, yours are great, especially Flight Patterns! There are lots of innovative designs in this one.

Janice Ykema said...

sounds like you are settling in Andrew... post a pic of your new studio.. while its nice and unused looking... and hopefully it will be all messed up in a few months... as you find your *centre* again....
Good wishes come your way...