Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Thunderstorms...

I've been opening the store recently, so I've been taking naps right after my shifts are done so that I can keep a semi-regular schedule, straddled half in the morning and half in the late evenings.

I awoke earlier this evening to the sound of thunder. It was raining. New York doesn't really see too many thunderstorms. It's so strange how the smell of a storm in the air reminds me of growing up in Florida. During the summers, I would sit by the windows and watch the rain fall and the lightning streak across the sky. My favorite time of the day was the calm before the storm. (It rained everyday at 3PM. Almost so regularly you could plan your day around it.) The calm before the storm was a reprieve from the heat and sky above would be churning with dark intensity.

The thunder is resonating deeply within me this evening. I can feel it in my bones. It is a jostle shouting, "HARK!" In the pitter-patter of the rain, I can feel it saying, "Let go... let go... let go."

No comments: