Sunday, May 27, 2007

Storms Brewing...

Today was a hot and muggy day. It's a sure sign for thunderstorms to come. While I was doing my laundry, I looked out to see that the streets were shiny from a quick shower. Up above, there were flashes in the dark but no thunder and the air was once again heavy and hot. It's building up and no short sprinkle will satisfy its full release.

I simply cannot wait.

Not only will it be a reprieve from the heat, but I feel as though it were some kind of over-arching metaphor or something. Many of my personal and professional relationships are building up in much the same manner and I just need it to finally rain.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I know just what you mean! We had lots of thunder and lightning, but not the heavy downpour that would be nice in your metaphorical sense. All the transit reports are saying this week brings major changes and closure...sometimes I think I'd rather not know!

Cynthia Thornton said...

Its the same here, tense, excited and we can't wait till its showtime. The energy makes us very productive,but its exhausting. I can't wait to see what wonderful things your making!