Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Revisionist's History...

Sheila had originally intended to come to my graduation. However, there were delays in processing her VISA to Japan... so I thought that she wouldn't get come. However, I got an email saying that she was on her way and that I had to keep it a secret! So here is the revisionist's history of what actually happened:


Left: This is Sheila on the way back from the JFK airport. She got food poisoning on the plane and was very ill all the way back to the apartment. Luckily the train was pretty empty and she could wrap up her face and curl up with a plastic bag to try and rest a bit.


Right: Here Sheila is trying to climb down the fire-escape ladder leading to the roof. She came up to enjoy the view.



Left: Sheila had prepared the yummy lunch that she and I shared with Josh in our picnic to Central Park. After we finished up with our meal, we did a mini tour of that section of the park. It was a lot of fun.


Right: Sheila and Josh pose for the camera in Sheep's Meadow in Central Park. Except for the fact that it was getting chilly, we all had a great time.

4 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

This is so great!!! I love this!!!

Andrew Thornton said...

It's really interesting to think about what is being shown and what isn't. For everything that's being said... there are many things not. I guess it just goes to show that even though I try to expose as much about my life, there are still people, places, and experiences that still aren't illuminated.

Anonymous said...

hi andrew...lisa and i were so very happy to see sheila made it back for your graduation...i got to talk with her for a moment yesterday...it was nice...

are the 2 of you going to be at bead & button ?

Andrew Thornton said...

I'm going to Bead & Button! Can't wait!