Monday, May 21, 2007

Knot...

I just found out that my grandma is in the hospital from a car accident that she was in. A knot is in my stomach. My dad said that she's doing all right considering that she's 87 years old and was just in an accident. I can't help but worry. My grandfather died last year around the same time of year. Since I've had a really crazy work schedule, I haven't been able to call her yet. I just hope that she's doing okay and that she isn't in any pain. I miss her.

Maybe after Bead & Button I can make a trip out to see her. I know that she would like that a lot.

For the time being, I will just try and focus on the everyday tasks and not let my worry get to me. I know that my worrying will accomplish nothing... just make me sick in my stomach.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Feeling that frustration for you, of not being able to be there. It sounds like you are already very connected to her on a deep level. Focus on that, and that she knows you care. Maybe she was focused on her loss of your grandfather, too. This hospital stay may be helping her to process her pain somehow.

Cynthia Thornton said...

Grandma wants us to visit soon. She will probably be in the hospital for awhile (6 wks) but she is resilient! She survived a near head on collision! You should call asap just to break up the monotony. She says she gets bored. Sheila and I called and that really cheered her up, although I don't she realized both of us were on the phone!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

why do you draw her a card? I bet you would make the best card! she would be PROUD! if you don't know the address, send it to someone who does.

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Cynthia, I just got off the phone with her. She's doing all right. I think we should try to go after Bead & Button. I think that they wouldn't mind if I took off for that.

And she realized that it was both of you! She was talking about each of you. So she knew.

And thanks for the suggestion Jean. I'm thinking of something to send as well. I was thinking about sending a photo album that has some recent pictures of Azalea and us. Especially at graduation.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I am a grandmother! I would LOVE that! I would love it if you sent that and I was in the hospital!!! great idea!then she can show you guys off to everyone when she is feeling better!