Monday, May 07, 2007

From Great Heights...

Now that school is almost all finished up, I am thinking about what exactly I'm going to do. Lots of options. Lots of changes. Many of my friends are moving away. Aurea is going to L.A., Kara is going to Indianapolis, most of the fine art students are going back to their respective hometowns or off to grad school, Josh is going to Kentucky, and a good friend is already in L.A. It seems as though it is the ending of one chapter and the beginning of a new one all at once. It feels like the sunset that I captured from my rooftop in Brooklyn - eventually all the bright colors will fade to darkness.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

...and you'll carry them all with you wherever you go and whatever you do. It does feel sad, so much is coming to an end. You've been preparing for this, though, on some deep level, and soon you will start to see where it is all leading you.
...and then the sun rises on the morning of a new day...

Mim said...

Scary but good times - just don't stop your blog!

Andrew Thornton said...

I've been a bit behind in blogging recently. I've been trying to find a routine in life outside of school. It still hasn't settled in yet. I want to start a daily collage project. And maybe a self-portrait a day or some kind of project like that. We'll see.

Although everything is a little bit sad, I am hopeful of new experiences and keeping in touch with everyone who's gone. I am happy to have had these amazing people in my life.

Now time to do laundry.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

This is a beautiful! photograph.

Wow!!!


I am missing people in your life, for you, by the way.

However, I expect you are going to have many fun, surprising and cool times.