Saturday, May 12, 2007

Empty Nest...

Earlier today, everyone left to go back to North Carolina.

It really didn't kick in until after a very slow day at work. I had plenty of time to let everything sink in. An empty feeling grew in my gut. I miss them a lot. I especially miss Baby One.

I'm not used to having my family with me. I'm very independent and am not used to the democratic nature of family-life nowadays. Trying to make everyone happy at times would be a source of personal frustration, but having them here was also a lot of fun. Cynthia and I are a creative think-tank duo and can rattle off pages and pages of ideas. We are always coming up with new projects. Sheila and I calm each other and make each other laugh. She and I swap party stories and anecdotes about failed romances. Greg reminds me of my spiritual path and inner philosophies. For a long time, I've been trying to integrate my mundane life and my "higher" life, but often times the balance gets out of whack and I find that my mundane life takes over. And last but certainly not least... Azalea. She's the light of my life. She is my constant source of inspiration. Helping her grow up, has taught me so much about myself. Who I am and what I'm capable of. I will miss my hugs and kisses and the songs and the way she says my name, "Ander."

No comments: