Friday, May 18, 2007

Dinner, Drinks, and Dancing...

Haven't seen David in a while since he's busy hammering away at his screenplay, so we met up for dinner and drinks. I had the HUGE bowl of mussels at my new favorite restaurant, Moto. We shared a bottle of a Portuguese red wine which was good as always and for dessert, I had a can of Young's Chocolate Stout. Another thing fast becoming a favorite.

After dinner we went to the very hip Brazilian joint called Bembe. The picture is the cover of the matchbook I took from the bathroom. Lots of fun dancing the night away. It was fun to dance again. The last time I went dancing, I fell into the subway tracks. One of the bartenders is a goddess. I've never seen someone move so quickly behind a bar and do it so gracefully. Sheer beauty. I wanted to snap a picture, but I didn't have my camera with me. Though were I to try and take a picture, I'm sure I would only capture a very colorful blur. Everything was perfect, (except for the watermelon vodka thing - it tasted like pulpy battery acid.)

We capped the night off by chilling on his roof. It is one of my very favorite views. I could spend hours up there watching the way the lights of the city reflect off the water and how the boats swim past. I could spend hours watching all the people, going about their lives... riding trains, packing up pick-up trucks, walking down the streets and living life.

5 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

you are fun AND reflective!

Cindy said...

Bembe looks great! I really enjoyed their website, and reading about how they lived in hammocks while they created the space from recycled and found materials.

Cynthia Thornton said...

We liked David. Tell him we said 'hi!' next time you see him. His rooftop sounds like a great place to chill.

Andrew Thornton said...

Thanks Jean! That's just how I roll.

And Cindy, the space is just BEAUTIFUL! They were so creative with how they used the materials. For instance, they had a lighting fixture made out of the top of a gas-range stove. At Moto, they had a similar concept, except with an electric burner coil. Very cool. Very green. Very awesome.

He said that he liked you all very much as well. He said that I was "lucky to have such creative and smart siblings". His roof is awesome. Next time you're here, I'll try and invite ourselves over. Ha ha ha.

Cindy said...

Sounds great! I'm making a mental list for when I get enough time to explore Brooklyn.