Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Moment...

Last night/early this morning, I found myself in a bit of a panic. I was tired and slightly frustrated at how much progress I wasn't making, and then I just stopped. I sat down, thoughts for a second or two and decided to get up and go home. The sun was just about to come up.

I walked a few extra blocks to the next station, enjoying the chill wet pre-dawn air filling my lungs. There's no reason to panic; no reason to fret; no reason at all to stress. All that's needed is for me to be in the moment and be present.

Still there is much left to be done before the opening tomorrow evening, but I am resolved to do all that needs be done with grace.

5 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

everything you are is full of grace!

wish i could be there to see!!!

jean

Cindy said...

Something that I once read from Byron Katie, was that when you feel yourself panicking, stop and take notice of exactly where you are, what is around you, what you're sitting or standing on, etc in detail, so that focusing on what is actually happening in the present takes you out of that space of panic which is only in the mind.
Sounds like that's just what you did...it's not always easy when that panicky feeling sets in.
Good luck with the show, it sounds like it's going to be wonderful!

Anonymous said...

hi andrew...i often find that when i stop...slow down...and be great-full for the moment...things do come together...and after all it's not waht we find at the end of the path...but what we become on the journey...

Mim said...

Andrew - I hope the opening went well - you really are a terrific artist and hope that you feel great about your opening,

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I am waiting to hear all about it!