Monday, March 26, 2007

Wine Stains...

After I had my tea and my morning meditation, I went back to the studio to clean-up from the night before and prepare for a day of meetings. Much of the snowy white table-cloth was covered in maroon stains from spilt wine. Very pretty.

When everything was picked up, I had a meeting with a collector and have decided to open my studio on an appointment-only-basis for the next week or so. I don't have a moment to spare with the next installment of the show The Rays of God next month, but want to let people be able to see the first half in person if they want to. Email me directly to set up an appointment. The second half will be presented during the BFA Fine Arts Department Open Studio Event on April 26th from 5PM to 9PM at 141 West 21st Street, 4th Floor.

As soon as the morning meeting finished, I had a critique with Lori Yarotsky and Clay Matlin, then one with Tim Rollins, one with Lucio Pozzi and then one with the amazing Amy Wilson. Lots of feedback to consider and things to think about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi andrew...i have a word to share with you...REST...i'm happy your show went so well and sounds like everything is flowing towards your next show...and by the way i LOVE amy wilson's work...i checked out her website...she is amazing...

Andrew Thornton said...

Amy is really great. She too has a blog and I keep up with it. I feel very fortunate that the department chair had to go to Berlin and had Amy fill in a while ago. Working with her has been a real treat.